put movies on flash drive for note 3
When traveling I would like to watch movies on my Note 3. I have heard that the movies can be stored on external flash drives for this purpose, but I am a complete novice in terms of the hardware and apps needed to make this happen. Here are the questions (1) How large a flash drive is needed to store the typical movie? (2) How do I get the movie onto the flash drive? (3) What type of cable is needed to connect the flash drive to the Note 3? (4) What kind of playback app do I need to watch the movies?
I'd appreciate any and all help. Thirteen hour flights just suck!
- 08-22-2014, 08:28 PM #2
- 252 Posts
Re: put movies on flash drive for note 3
1) It depends upon where you're getting the movie from and what resolution it is in as well as its format. Like an .avi movie that's 720 p in resolution occupies about 600-700 mb of space on your hard. Whereas a movie ripped from a dvd can take from 900 mb to 2 gb of space.
2) Still not sure where you're getting the movie from. If you're downloading it from the internet, it should be good to go on a USB. However, if you're ripping it from a DVD, you need to use a software such as Handbrake. Just google how to RIP a DVD and follow any guide as almost most of them refer users to Handbrake.
3) You need an OTG cable to connect your USB to the Note 3.
4) Just install a good media player such as the MX Player from the Play Store and you'll be good to go.
- By VolMan37421 in forum LG G3Replies: 5Last Post: 08-24-2014, 11:46 PM
- By Julie Carter in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 08-23-2014, 01:42 PM
- By Bloodthirsty in forum LG G3Replies: 2Last Post: 08-21-2014, 01:48 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-21-2014, 01:35 PM