SD Card with Question on Notificaion Bar?

A

AC Question

Hey everyone, I'm new to this forum but certainly not new to androids. I just purchased a LG G3 on verizon wireless, and put in my old SD card I got with my Razr Maxx. The card worked fine and installed seamlessly there, on an older Droid Charge and even a newer Note 2. It works alright, but as said in the title, there is SD icon on the notification bar with a question on it. I did the mounting/powering off process many times and finally backed everything up on my PC and "erased" the card, I assumed was LG's version of formatting. But it's still there. Any help? Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you sure it's an SD notification? Maybe it's a SIM notification--could the SIM card have come dislodged? Can you make a call?

It'd be ideal if you could post a screenshot showing the icon.

Patrick Star1

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Hey, I logged into the forum with my google account, just posted as a guest for the sake of time and continence. But it may very well be the SIM, but I just disregarded that because I can text, make calls, surf the web etc. fine. Come to think of it though, the faded 3G reappears and disappears when mobile data is off, but I never thought it mattered.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Now that I think of it, the SIM is probably more for LTE data, since you're on Verizon (and the voice signal is CDMA, which doesn't use a SIM). Can you access 4G data?

Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Go to Settings>Wireless & Networking>More>Mobile Networks>Preferred Networks, and make sure it's set to LTE/CDMA. Then see what your mobile data signal shows in an area where you know there's 4G coverage. If you're still only getting 3G, your SIM card might be dislodged or faulty. Open up the SIM tray and make sure it's seated correctly. If it seems to be inserted fully and it isn't working, then ask Verizon for a replacement SIM.

Patrick Star1

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I can't tell you a straight answer here, and I'm sorry. My brother has the same phone and it's displaying the same message and has 3G. We got the phone from different places as well, so it's unlikely this isn't just the software. But his is displaying the same message, and my parents phones (S4 and S4Mini) display 4G connectivity, with 96dBm and 44asu. There isn't any network strength or type display on touchwiz like there is on LG's UI, which displays 1X and 3G. I have those preferences set on all devices as well. I can recall my phone connecting to 4G yesterday in another area, so maybe it's just a very annoying software feature.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1