Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Question A few questions about S5, I'm considering a purchase

Hi,

I'm considering purchasing an s5 and so far I've watched some of the reviews on youtube, one being from Marques Brownlee and I noticed a couple of things I didn't like about it and I'd like to ask some questions:

1) Is USB flap really that bad? Do you feel like it's gonna fall off/ did it fall off?

2) Is it still possible to bypass fingerprint screen just by a normal swype to unlock the phone (I really didn't like this)

3) Is s5 too big for a pocket?

4) How do you like the new recent apps button?

5) Is 2GB ram enough?

6) What is your biggest complaint?

Thanks, would really appreciate any answers!

Default Re: A few questions about S5, I'm considering a purchase

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    Hi,

I'm considering purchasing an s5 and so far I've watched some of the reviews on youtube, one being from Marques Brownlee and I noticed a couple of things I didn't like about it and I'd like to ask some questions:

1) Is USB flap really that bad? Do you feel like it's gonna fall off/ did it fall off? I didn't notice or discover any major issue with this. Yeah it's frustrating, but it feels sturdy and my time with the S5 I didnt notice any slackness. You can always use a wireless charger for the s5 if it becomes a major issue.

2) Is it still possible to bypass fingerprint screen just by a normal swype to unlock the phone (I really didn't like this) yes, there are plenty of other options for unlocking the phone, fingerprint is just one of them.

3) Is s5 too big for a pocket? IMO its the perfect size, as with the M8. The G5 is light, so you don't notice it that much in the pocket compared to the M8

4) How do you like the new recent apps button? I like this feature, I didn't have long with the G5, only a few weeks, but it was a feature I could see myself using every day.

5) Is 2GB ram enough? I've never encountered any issue with 2GB - performance was quick while playing games etc.

6) What is your biggest complaint? My biggest complaint was Touchwiz, it has matured since the S4 but it's still lacking the smoothness of Sense 6 on the M8 - sure this can be altered by running a different launcher, but you want a phone to work perfectly when it comes out the box

Thanks, would really appreciate any answers!

Not sure whether this is OP and reply, or both OP, but posting this in the S5 forum would probably bring many responses😉.

Posted via Android Central App

OP and reply I don't know how I managed to add my answers to their original post lol