not formatted error of a micro sd card...

A

AC Question

Hello Sir,
I've got a message every time I tried open my 8gb micro sd card through my pc saying "the disk in drive "H" is not formatted. do you want to format it now?"
I've tried to fix it through cmd liner but since it's turned temporarily a RAW file, the cmd liner couldn't fix it though!......I've very important work files out there in the card including some precious pics...so I don't want that to get lost all of those....so pls. pls. pls. help me out how can I fix it without losing any of my precious data....

I need your urgent suggestion ASAP.....for this, I couldn't be much happier than this.....

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Does the phone show files on the card? If it does, the card may be formatted as ext4, not FAT32. The phone (and any Linux computer) can read both, but Windows can only read FAT32. (If the phone doesn't show files on the card, you've lost them. Either the card got corrupted or it's shot and, in either case, the only way to recover any files would be to have the chip manufacturer, either Samsung or SanDisk, disassemble the card and try to recover the files from the storage chip in it. You can buy a new car for less.)

If the phone shows files, you can connect the phone to a Linux computer to get the files off it, you can copy them to internal storage (which a Windows computer should be able to read) or you can find a program that you can install on a Windows computer that can read ext4 drives and read the card that way. (Whatever you do, once you have the files off the card, reformat it in the phone. You'll lose all the files on it, but the card will be readable by a Windows computer, so you can copy all the files back to it.)

anchal_ch

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Hello Sir,
nope!...the phone doesn't show files on the card...when I plug the card through card reader into windows pc, then it shows the "not formatted" message...and also the files are in RAW....

However, I don't have Linux op computer... so can't be able to connect it with!...don't know ext4...
before this was happened, I used to transfer data through card reader in my windows computer...then it showed all the file systems are in FAT 32...

so, pls. tell me what should I do to fix my sd card, firstly without backing up my all data into my internal storage of pc!!??.....

pls. help me out in this regard....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol