Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default 12 W / 2.4 A wall charger for Samsung Galaxy S3

I own a Samsung Galaxy S3 and lost the cable I got with my phone. Hence I had started using another random cable with the same adapter. After a year, my phone started charging really really slow. Like, 60% in 8 hours. I tried changing the adapter as well as the cable, but the issue persisted.

I then purchased a 2 Amp travel charger from Best Buy and it worked fine for a couple of days. After that, it started charging really slow again.

I have now purchased a 12 W/ 2.4 Amp wall charger from Best Buy. It charged really fast. Although, I fear my phone will blast or something. So I tried the new cable with a friend's 1 amp adapter and it still charges fine.

Does the cable really matter? Can I purchase a 1 amp adapter and a new cable and expect it to work fine? or is it safe using my new 2.4 amp adapter?

Default Re: 12 W / 2.4 A wall charger for Samsung Galaxy S3

It doesn't matter how much amps the charger outputs it doesn't force feed it. Your device will use what ever it can and will charge faster the only spec you have to really worry about is voltage. If it is not the right voltage your frying something.