Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Question 'pinned_docs_files_do_not_edit' Question?

Hello, everyone!

A while ago, I deleted a certain .doc file on my Nexus 7 by accident and after a while, I just ended up accepting that I had lost it. That was until recently when I was using a file manager to just browse all of the files on my Nexus, and came across a folder called 'pinned_docs_files_do_not_edit'. Inside was 2 folders which names were made up of random letters and numbers, and inside both of the folders was the .doc that I had deleted before.

I attempted to make a copy, but when I attempted to open it in the Quickoffice App that came already installed on the Nexus, it said that it could not be opened. I then attempted to open it on my PC, but opening it in word just produced a jumbled mess of random letters, numbers and strange symbols.

I have a few questions: What exactly is this folder? Why does it contain the .doc? Why is the 'text' inside the .doc just jumbled letters, numbers and symbols? Is there any way of getting the .doc back?

Default Re: 'pinned_docs_files_do_not_edit' Question?

Welcome to Android Central! It probably has to do with the ability in Drive to "Keep on Device" a document, which apparently is different from downloading a copy. I've never done it before, but I would guess that Keep on Device is used when you want to work on a document offline and then have it sync with the Drive cloud when you're back online. Not sure why they would be pinned but "do_no_edit." Have you tried opening Google Drive on your Nexus 7, swiping in from the left, and tapping "On Device"?

Hey, B. Diddy!

I went onto the Drive and tapped 'On Device', and it seems to be stuck on 'Your documents will appear shortly.' I've been sitting here for quite a while now.

Try going to Settings>Apps>All​, select Google Drive, and Clear Cache. Then try again.

Okay, I finally got it to load, but it is just listing various other docs and files, but not the doc I'm talking about.

And it's not available on your Google Drive on the web, accessed from your computer?

Posted via Android Central App.
    Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

The thing is, the only way I can access the folder where it is located on my Nexus is by using a 'File Manager' app which lets me browse all of the things stored on my Nexus. I used the 'Internal Storage' option on Google Drive to find it and put it on my Drive, and download it on my computer. So at the moment I have 2-3 ways of accessing the file.