Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Missing all apps

I have hard reset my S3 with cyanogenmod OS and now i cannot see any apps installed even Playstore is missing. But if i use google web playstore is says it is already installed on device? Any help would be great.

Global Posts
    10,004 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 5.0.1

Default Re: Missing all apps

Welcome to AC
    If you did a factory reset on your device, that would have eliminated all of your apps. What do the storage settings on your device say? Is the internal memory empty?
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Current Devices:
    Galaxy Note 4
    rMBP 13"
    iPad 2
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

The factory reset worked as normal but as I said I am unable to locate Playstore app or any of the apps like Viber, Whatsapp etc which says are already installed on phone if I go to google and search it. The whole thing seems very weird I have even reset phone 3 more times but still nothing so where could have my apps gone?

Global Posts
    10,004 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 5.0.1

Quote Originally Posted by Driller6 View Post
    The factory reset worked as normal but as I said I am unable to locate Playstore app or any of the apps like Viber, Whatsapp etc which says are already installed on phone if I go to google and search it. The whole thing seems very weird I have even reset phone 3 more times but still nothing so where could have my apps gone?
    You need to flash GApps to get the Play Store. Then you can install the rest afterwards.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Current Devices:
    Galaxy Note 4
    rMBP 13"
    iPad 2
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Ok i googled that earlier but i am not sure how to do this. I am not really phone technically advanced. Can you step me through it?

Global Posts
    10,004 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 5.0.1

Ok i googled that earlier but i am not sure how to do this. I am not really phone technically advanced. Can you step me through it?
    Go to the CM website and look for the GApps files for your version. Boot into your custom recovery and hit install. Then look for the GApps zip and swipe to confirm.

Current Devices:
    Galaxy Note 4
    rMBP 13"
    iPad 2

You can get the gapps package from Cyanogen website. There is other places but might as well grab it or use the link they provide. You will flash it on your device from the custom recovery (TWRP or CWM)
    Paul
    Moderator @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Yep all done, I looked at that exact zip the other day and was not sure but yes you are right all good thanks for your help. All apps working again.

Global Posts
    10,004 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 5.0.1

Yep all done, I looked at that exact zip the other day and was not sure but yes you are right all good thanks for your help. All apps working again.
    No problem. Glad they're working again

Current Devices:
    Galaxy Note 4
    rMBP 13"
    iPad 2