Unresponsive Touch Screen - Galaxy Mega - HELP

bryan114

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
How you doing guys? Thank you in advance for any advice given.

I have a Galaxy mega 6.3 I believe, that a few months back I did a screen and digitizer replacement on. But it's been behaving weird and I can't figure out if it's software or hardware. I tried to open it back up and clean it up but as I was trying to take the screen back off it started separating from the digitizer and I put it back together not wanting to cause further problems. Honestly it's completely usable, but has slight annoyances. For example, after powering on the screen theres a 1-2 second delay before the digitizer will respond. That i think is the main contributor to the problems, because a lot of times if someone is calling and the screen lights up, the phone will be completely unresponsive. When on a call and lighting up the phone to hang up, the screen goes kind of crazy and instead of hanging up will pull down the android notification thing and kind of glitch out for a few taps before it lets you hang up.

I tried factory reset. I tried messing with the proximity settings (turning them off and on etc.) And Ive tried cleaning the insides out of dust.
Any input is appreciated, but Im hoping to find some type of software fix for this. Could I have messed something up during the screen replacement? I thought it went really smoothly. Let me know if any of you need further information. Thank you!

I've also attached some photos of it happening. When tapping the end call it will tap the top left corner instead. Like I said in all other instances the screen and digitizer works fine. Could something hardware really make it behave this way?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-08-21-19-39-00[1].png
    Screenshot_2014-08-21-19-39-00[1].png
    78.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_2014-08-21-19-50-12[1].png
    Screenshot_2014-08-21-19-50-12[1].png
    104.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_2014-08-21-19-39-04[1].png
    Screenshot_2014-08-21-19-39-04[1].png
    109.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_2014-08-21-19-37-44[1].jpg
    Screenshot_2014-08-21-19-37-44[1].jpg
    257.4 KB · Views: 8

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
That is most definitely hardware. I'd suggest taking into a repair shop. Since you did the replacements yourself, there's likely damage to the internal components that you'll need a professional to look at.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4

bryan114

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I guess taking it to a professional is always a good idea haha. Thank you for verifying it as a hardware problem. Next step would be to decide if it's annoying enough to get fixed.

Thank you again.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I guess taking it to a professional is always a good idea haha. Thank you for verifying it as a hardware problem. Next step would be to decide if it's annoying enough to get fixed.

Thank you again.

I have a buggy proximity sensor that makes it tough to end calls as well, so I'd probably take it in. Only reason I haven't done it is I'm hoping to upgrade soon anyway.

bryan114

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Yeah proximity sensors can be either a gift or a curse I guess. I set the power button to end calls and home button to answer, so that's a quick work around for the time being. I'd hate when I'd be on a call and try to tap the screen but accidentally pass over the sensor and it would go black just as I'd tap something haha. It's the little things that **** me off.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Yeah proximity sensors can be either a gift or a curse I guess. I set the power button to end calls and home button to answer, so that's a quick work around for the time being. I'd hate when I'd be on a call and try to tap the screen but accidentally pass over the sensor and it would go black just as I'd tap something haha. It's the little things that **** me off.

I did that as well.
It just bugs me when I can't turn on speaker phone or get dialer out for when I need to punch in extra numbers after I have called. Seems like a good workaround for now at least :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech