Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy Samsung Galaxy S3 mini hotspot issues

Here's my prob.
    I using an HP 2000 laptop. To acces Internet, I'm using my Samsung Galaxy S3 mini as a modem (wi-fi hotspot). When I'm trying to download directly something on my laptop, using the wi-fi hotspot of my GSIII mini, everything goes well.
    BUT
    When I'm trying to download something, on my laptop, via torrent (my torrent downloaders are Utorrent, Vuze), using the wi-fi hotspot of my GSIII mini, something went wrong. The downloading stuck at "Connecting to peers" with Utorrent or "downloading" with VUze.

I did some test on my programs. I'm sure now they are funtionning well. Because, when I tried to use antoher laptop, using the same phone (mine) as a modem (wifi-hotspot), the same problems occured. The worse thing is, when I'm using another phone as a modem, or when I'm using a cable, or normal wi-fi, everything is fine (the torrent started downloading). I even reinstalled Utorrent and Vuze on my laptop, nothing changed...

So It made me thinnk the prob is with my phone. I can't download anything on my laptop (HP 2000) via a torrent, when I'm using my phone (Samsung Galaxy S3 mini) as a modem (wi-fi hotspot feature). (ps: I don't have Hotspot Shield.)

This THING IS DRIVING ME MAD...
    PLEASE, NEED A HELP...

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 mini hotspot issues

Some carriers restrict or throttle traffic to torrent sites, since they are often used for distributing pirated software or media.