Galaxy s2 MMS error

U

Unregistered

Unrooted, year old Samsung Galaxy s2 here. Recently stopped sending and recieving MMS messages. As in, shows the message as sending eternally and recieved messages as downloading. Before, pics sent fine and it just stopped working one day. Attempted using mobile data and restarting device as suggested in previous threads, but nothing is working and it's rather infuriating. Any ideas? Should I take it in or is it just time to upgrade? I swear, as soon as I resolve one problem on this damned phone, two more appear!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! So does your mobile data otherwise work? That is, the browser surfs normally while on 3G/4G? If not, then I'd wonder if you are having some issues with your network.

You could try going to the App Manager, selecting the Messaging app, and Clearing Cache then Force Stopping. Now open it and try again.

You could also boot into Recovery Mode and wipe the cache partition, which won't erase any personal data: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ing-into-recovery-mode-galaxy-s2-s3-tab2.html

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith