Can't find Hidden Items after software update in Samsung Note 3

H

hmust

I just updated my software yesterday for my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and suddenly it doesn't want to show my hidden items. What can one do?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Was it a system update for your Android version, or a Samsung update? Are you referring to apps hidden in the app drawer, or a hidden file?

hmust

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
There was a software update available yesterday and so I did it. Since then this problem occured. Basically what I can't show is the Hidden Items or pictures in the gallery. That only happened after the software update.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What I'm asking is if the software update was an upgrade of the Android version (e.g., from 4.3 to 4.4), or if it was a Samsung update (usually for security).

Have you hidden the pictures by using a menu function, or by adding a ".nomedia" file to the folder where the pictures are?

hmust

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
It's an upgrade to 4.4.2.

I hid the pictures using the 'Hide Items' option in the gallery menu. Usually pictures appeared right away once clicked 'Show Hidden Items'. Now it doesn't work.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
So you can still find the "Show Hidden Items" option, but the hidden photos aren't showing up? Try going to the App Manager, selecting the Gallery app, and Clear Cache, then Force Stop. Now see if it works.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Were the images in the /DCIM/Camera folder? Or some other folder? If they're not there when you use a file explorer app, they may be gone. Perhaps it was some bug with the update where it deleted any hidden image file. You may want to contact Samsung about it.

rashaa

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
go to my files then sitting you will find show hidden files tick on it then go to All will find a new folder called hide. you will find the pic there but you will face the same problem if you want to hide them again you need to open them from ALL not like before from gallery

rashaa

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
selenrrr_19 have you tried this way ((go to my files then sitting you will find show hidden files tick on it then go to All will find a new folder called hide. you will find the pic there but you will face the same problem if you want to hide them again you need to open them from ALL not like before from gallery))

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad