Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    hmust

Default Can't find Hidden Items after software update in Samsung Note 3

I just updated my software yesterday for my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and suddenly it doesn't want to show my hidden items. What can one do?

Default Re: Can't find Hidden Items after software update in Samsung Note 3

Welcome to Android Central! Was it a system update for your Android version, or a Samsung update? Are you referring to apps hidden in the app drawer, or a hidden file?

There was a software update available yesterday and so I did it. Since then this problem occured. Basically what I can't show is the Hidden Items or pictures in the gallery. That only happened after the software update.

What I'm asking is if the software update was an upgrade of the Android version (e.g., from 4.3 to 4.4), or if it was a Samsung update (usually for security).

Have you hidden the pictures by using a menu function, or by adding a ".nomedia" file to the folder where the pictures are?

It's an upgrade to 4.4.2.

I hid the pictures using the 'Hide Items' option in the gallery menu. Usually pictures appeared right away once clicked 'Show Hidden Items'. Now it doesn't work.

So you can still find the "Show Hidden Items" option, but the hidden photos aren't showing up? Try going to the App Manager, selecting the Gallery app, and Clear Cache, then Force Stop. Now see if it works.

Yes the Show Hidden Items option is still there, but does not work.

Tried clearing cache and stopping app. Still didn't work.

Yes please I have exactly the same problem, clearing cache and stopping the app didn't fix it for me either!

Can you both find the actual image files using a file explorer like ES File Explorer?

No, I can't

Were the images in the /DCIM/Camera folder? Or some other folder? If they're not there when you use a file explorer app, they may be gone. Perhaps it was some bug with the update where it deleted any hidden image file. You may want to contact Samsung about it.

They were there by then.The worst thing now is that when I try to hide any image, it's not hidden and is deleted from the original folder.

I have the same problem

go to my files then sitting you will find show hidden files tick on it then go to All will find a new folder called hide. you will find the pic there but you will face the same problem if you want to hide them again you need to open them from ALL not like before from gallery

Same thing happened to me i had really important pictures!! I need help i tried everything as well but nothing works please help

selenrrr_19 have you tried this way ((go to my files then sitting you will find show hidden files tick on it then go to All will find a new folder called hide. you will find the pic there but you will face the same problem if you want to hide them again you need to open them from ALL not like before from gallery))

Thanks rashaa!

Welcome dear

Hi i have the same problem and i was able to find my photos but then i tried hiding them again then pressing show hidden items but it simply wont show them, it sends me back the albums

Quote Originally Posted by hmust View Post
    I just updated my software yesterday for my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and suddenly it doesn't want to show my hidden items. What can one do?

This is big problem of this last update. dont know what is alternative for this problem.thanks to all of you at least i was able to find my files.i did update 2 days back & was in shock for not having my hidden personal photos. is there any update when this can be fixed permanantly.
    atif

I tried every suggestion on this thread...but I found something else that was a lot more helpful in finding my hidden items.
    First, you can try going to App Manager and look for Gallery where you Clear Cache and Force Stop. Then, in My Files choose Gallery again and in its settings check the Show Hidden Items option.
    Now the most important thing...in My Files go to All, and look for a folder labelled .hide. There you will find the hidden folders with the original folder names or the randomly saved ones in the folder titled Island. I just signed up for this forum to give this one answer. T_T
    I hope it works for all!!
    This link should be of help, the last step is the key!
    www . wikihow . com/Find-Hidden-Pictures-on-Android

Saw another post on androidcentral. Instead of sifting through many files, use SFinder (by holding the touch button to your left for 2 seconds) and search for .hide

i faced this problem too .. i don't know how can i fix this too

Now the most important thing...in My Files go to All, and look for a folder labelled .hide. There you will find the hidden folders with the original folder names or the randomly saved ones in the folder titled Island. I just signed up for this forum to give this one answer. T_T
    I hope it works for all!!

this one works....thnks

I'm having the same issue except even after clicking show hidden files I can't find a .hide folder not even with a search. The only thing the search brings up is... .hermit_restore.hider
    Which can't be opened.

I'm on a galaxy 4
    android version 4.4.2
+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast