Nexus 7 Fully Charged but Won't Power Up
I just bought a dead Nexus 7 off eBay with the hope of fixing it. I plugged it in, left it about a minute then the screen on to the homepage (what was on previously before the owner dropped it i'm guessing) with a message saying not enough power, turning off.
I charged the battery fully and now it won't turn on... I've tried to power up, bootloader and hard reset, nothing works... I don't have the original charger, only cable. Would this make a difference? I also removed the back and noticed there is a bit of green stuff in the ZIF connector for the button strip... Could this be the cause?
I'm getting really irritated because I HAVE seen it power up, it was on (for all of 15 seconds) and now it won't power up again...
Can someone please help?
- 08-22-2014, 07:35 AM #2
- 3,019 Posts
- Nexus 6 w/5.1 & LED.
Re: Nexus 7 Fully Charged but Won't Power Up
The green stuff is corrosion which is not conducive to conductivity.
Suggest to clean the area and see if that helps.
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like,
and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
- By AnimalMotherASF in forum HTC One M8Replies: 9Last Post: 08-31-2014, 08:22 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-22-2014, 11:47 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-22-2014, 12:55 AM
- By gkginger101 in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-22-2014, 12:07 AM
- By koreandude in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 3Last Post: 08-21-2014, 10:36 PM