Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Unhappy When i boot my phone, splash screen shows for about 2secs then nothing else happen

Hello,
    I’m using Samsung Galay Mini GTs5570i and today when I was playing a game the phone suddenly powered off without showing splash screen like when you remove the battery suddenly and won’t boot again. I’m pretty sure the battery is still full. The splash screen appeared when I held the power button but it just stayed for about 2secs then screen’s black again and didn’t even show the splash screen when I held the power button the second time unless I remove the battery beforehand (in short, one splash screen per battery removal). I tried to leave the battery out for a while (I think it was about 3 hours or so) but it still won’t boot. I tried to get into the system recovery option by pressing power+home+volume up button at the same time but the same thing happened. I don’t know if it’s the black screen of death or something else because it doesn’t vibrate or ring or anything. My phone wasn’t rooted or upgraded, it’s the same phone I got from the shop. Please help!

Default Re: When i boot my phone, splash screen shows for about 2secs then nothing else happen

Welcome to Android Central! Batteries can fail at any time if defective, so I would try a new battery. You can confirm a battery problem by removing it, placing it flat on a table, and trying to spin it. If it spins freely, it's bulging in the middle, which is a bad sign. But even if it isn't bulging, it's worth trying a new battery.

Default Re: When i boot my phone, splash screen shows for about 2secs then nothing else happen

today i tried another battery and the same thing still happened. i guess it's the phone not the battery but i don't know what's the problem

Possibly a problem with the Power button and associated circuitry?

Posted via Android Central App

Sounds like a more serious hardware issue. The other thing I can think to try is to remove the SD card, in case it's corrupted, which can cause problems--but it probably wouldn't cause problems so early in the boot cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Sounds like a more serious hardware issue. The other thing I can think to try is to remove the SD card, in case it's corrupted, which can cause problems--but it probably wouldn't cause problems so early in the boot cycle.
    My SD card corrupted a week ago and when my phone died the sd card wasnt inserted

Quote Originally Posted by belodion View Post
    Possibly a problem with the Power button and associated circuitry?

Posted via Android Central App
    can I check this myself or I'll have to bring it to a Samsung store??