Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HELP! Galaxy S5 making a random noise

Can anyone identify this random noise my new Galaxy S5 Active is making? I recently switched from iPhone and I love my new Galaxy; but I can not figure out what this darn noise is!!! I get it randomly and see absolutely no notifications anywhere on my phone.

I have managed to capture a recording of it and attached it to this thread. It is a .zip file because I could not upload a .m4a file.

Thank you for your help!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: HELP! Galaxy S5 making a random noise

Quote Originally Posted by a3j2w1 View Post
    Can anyone identify this random noise my new Galaxy S5 Active is making? I recently switched from iPhone and I love my new Galaxy; but I can not figure out what this darn noise is!!! I get it randomly and see absolutely no notifications anywhere on my phone.

I have managed to capture a recording of it and attached it to this thread. It is a .zip file because I could not upload a .m4a file.

Thank you for your help!
    Low battery? is it rooted?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Battery at 86%. Nope, not rooted.

Thanks!
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I posted this on facebook and one of my friends helped me! It is the NFC notification. I had my id in my wallet and my phone laying on top of my wallet. I just pulled everything out of my wallet and tried them all. My student id causes the noise when I put it against the back of my phone. Apparently my student ID has NFC tag in it.