HELP! Galaxy S5 making a random noise

a3j2w1

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Can anyone identify this random noise my new Galaxy S5 Active is making? I recently switched from iPhone and I love my new Galaxy; but I can not figure out what this darn noise is!!! I get it randomly and see absolutely no notifications anywhere on my phone.

I have managed to capture a recording of it and attached it to this thread. It is a .zip file because I could not upload a .m4a file.

Thank you for your help!

Attachments

• S5_Noise.zip
    9.5 KB · Views: 93

Slashyou

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Can anyone identify this random noise my new Galaxy S5 Active is making? I recently switched from iPhone and I love my new Galaxy; but I can not figure out what this darn noise is!!! I get it randomly and see absolutely no notifications anywhere on my phone.

I have managed to capture a recording of it and attached it to this thread. It is a .zip file because I could not upload a .m4a file.

Thank you for your help!

Low battery? is it rooted?

a3j2w1

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I posted this on facebook and one of my friends helped me! It is the NFC notification. I had my id in my wallet and my phone laying on top of my wallet. I just pulled everything out of my wallet and tried them all. My student id causes the noise when I put it against the back of my phone. Apparently my student ID has NFC tag in it.

Brick DuBose

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
OMG!!!! This post finally helped me figure this out. It has been my work badge the whole time that has been driving me crazy causing the noise. The main problem I had with it is that I read other posts, and saw people mention the NFC notification sound as being the culprit, but I have NFC turned off and it STILL makes the noise. I called T-Mobile and asked them about this, and they have never heard of it being an issue. I've done master resets on it, and STILL it does the same thing. T-Mobile has offered to send me a new phone to see if it still does the same thing. So I'll know tomorrow if this is just related to my phone alone, or if it affects all GS5 phones. In any event I'll get a new phone! I imagine the new phone will come with Lollipop on it... so with that variable thrown in as well, I may never know where the real issue lies... IF it stops making the noise.

:cool: