Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default wifi hotspot for my S5 with Verizon and unlimited data

I tried Foxfi worked for a day then no longer says data connectivity not established on this phone full 4 bars and phone service. so I would like to know if there is another tethering app for my S5 with Verizon and unlimited data. Or if you know a fix for my foxfi paid version. thanks

Default Re: wifi hotspot for my S5 with Verizon and unlimited data

Best fix is to pay for tethering. It even an honorable route that earns you some respect.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by zedorda View Post
    Best fix is to pay for tethering. It even an honorable route that earns you some respect.
    If you do not have any constructive info to add no need to waste your time

Im sorry zedorda but some of us that have the unlimited data did pay for what we bought honerably. We bought an unlimited data plan that never had any stipulations placed on it for what we could or could not use it for. Just because Verizon opted to stop offering the plans with unlimited data and try to force people over to something else does not change the fact that we bought into what we signed up for (unimited data)

Ed Ke6bnl i am having a similar issue lately, I went from an S3 to the S5. For a few days Wifi teather worked fine and then all of a sudden my laptop that I use it with keeps connecting and disconnecting and wont stay connected its weird. HOWEVER I did get it to work and stay connected going the bluetooth route.

Quote Originally Posted by livewiremaxx View Post
    Im sorry zedorda but some of us that have the unlimited data did pay for what we bought honerably. We bought an unlimited data plan that never had any stipulations placed on it for what we could or could not use it for. Just because Verizon opted to stop offering the plans with unlimited data and try to force people over to something else does not change the fact that we bought into what we signed up for (unimited data)
    You must not of read your contract because it clearly stated in the original unlimited data plan contract that you were allow data to your device and not passed it in the form of routing or sub-net. Which disallowed tethering beyond the registered device stated within the contract.

So maybe consider the responsible route and research what you believe is accurate before trying to sound smart.

Haha! Honorable? Eat it Vzw! I will continue to use FoxFi and 50+GB of data per month! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by zedorda View Post
    You must not of read your contract because it clearly stated in the original unlimited data plan contract that you were allow data to your device and not passed it in the form of routing or sub-net. Which disallowed tethering beyond the registered device stated within the contract.

So maybe consider the responsible route and research what you believe is accurate before trying to sound smart.
    Hey zordon, how's the shared plans?

Quote Originally Posted by RGarridy86 View Post
    Hey zordon, how's the shared plans?
    My carrier doesn't have share plans but I guess reading my profile is beyond you. The last time I was with Big Red I was on the UDP with my G-Nex. I now have Unlimited with T-Mobile with no-contract.

Quote Originally Posted by livewiremaxx View Post
    Actually it did have stipulations put on it.. You just didn't read them. If you read the terms and conditions you agreed to you will see they said unlimited data to the device.. Not a device tethered to that device.

While I am all for getting what you pay for... In the terms it clearly states it.. And you had to agree to be on their service. You not reading them doesn't mean that it isn't there.