Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Frozen tablet

My tablet has frozen on the system reset screen(s3) and I am unable to apply any of the options other than system reboot, which then takes me back to the same screen. Any ideas?

Default Re: Frozen tablet

Welcome to Android Central! What tablet is it? Is it rooted or unrooted?

It's an Ainol 7" tablet and iris unroofed. The system reset code is actually 3e not S3.

Welcome to Android Central! I think the 3e is just the version of the recovery menu. Nexus devices have the same recovery menu.

So if you select "wipe cache partition" in that menu and press Power button, nothing happens? Do you see a bunch of text at the bottom of the screen after selecting wipe cache partition? Once the process is done, you should then select "reboot system now."

If nothing is happening, the firmware may be corrupt. There's a support site where you can download firmware, but there aren't any instructions on how to do so. I'm not sure if there's any way to contact Ainol support directly. This is, of course, one of the major downsides of these budget off-brand devices--minimal to no support.

Can't select "wipe cache partition" and in fact the only way to turn it off is to let the battery run down. Support from Ainol doesn't exist and I cannot return the tablet as it is necessary to remove the battery and this is not possible, and of course this would invalidate the warranty.