How to get back cool visual effect which was gone after upgrading from 4.1 to 4.3

A

AC Question

Hello,

Not long time ago I bought Sony Xperia cell phone and one of the coolest things was this awesome visual effect when I was locking the phone by pressing power button. It is basically the same effect as you get from turning off an old CRT TV.

After couple of days I started to upgrade everything I could from Android 4.1 to 4.3, Walkman, Album and Movies apps to the newest ones and before I knew, this cool visual effect was gone just like that. Didn’t even get the chance to say good bye... :( Now it just simply slowly fades out which is not nearly as cool as it was before.

I almost could swear that after upgrading Android OS this joy of life was still in my phone and it disappeared after upgrading those 3 apps, but I’m not 100 % sure, coz everything went too fast. It is possible that I simply didn’t pay attention to this change. Anyway, I tried to downgrade those apps, but that didn’t help mainly because those apps simply didn’t downgrade.

My wish is very simple. I want to get back what I paid for. And my question is as simple as the wish is. How can I do that?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
That 'cool effect' was long removed by Google (I do miss it, too!) from Android. Can't even remember which version got rid of it completely.

AFAIK, the only way to get it back is to have someone code into a custom ROM (I know many actually do add this, just don't know if they do for your specific model). The Movie and Walkman apps have nothing to do with this, BTW.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995