I'm still pretty new to the Samsung Galaxy 3... I switched over In June and apparently I set a Pin/ Pass code and i forgot it... My phone isn't locked but it wont let me change my security setting with out my old pass code. Does anybody know how I can change this?
- 08-22-2014, 11:43 AM #2
Re: forgotten pin
Welcome to Android Central! Is this a Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 3, or Galaxy Tab 3?
So you're saying the phone doesn't require a PIN or password to unlock the lock screen, but it asks you for a PIN to change the lockscreen security? That sounds unusual. If there is no lockscreen security set (i.e., if it's set to None or Slide to Unlock), you shouldn't have to enter a password to change it. If the phone is encrypted, you might have to enter a password--but encrypted phones require there to be a password or PIN lockscreen.
- 08-22-2014, 12:09 PM #3
- 08-22-2014, 12:28 PM #4
Re: forgotten pin
If you fail the pattern 5 times, as well as having more goes after a timeout, mine has the option of entering your Gmail address and password (which worked), or the pin number you entered as a backup for the pattern.
Do you have the account name option after 5 attempts?
(I have a European Factory SM-N9005.)
Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro
Last edited by Madd54; 08-22-2014 at 12:58 PM.I know nothing. Caution: I can edit and delete for no reason.
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 8Last Post: 08-23-2014, 04:45 AM
- By adanac33 in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-19-2014, 06:30 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-19-2014, 04:41 PM
- By chetan in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-18-2014, 09:19 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-17-2014, 11:54 PM