Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Unhappy Who just received my text?

My husband sent a text to a friend and me. I could not tell that he had sent it to someone other than myself. I replied with a "personal" message and now I cannot tell from looking at my phone if anyone other than my husband received the message. Is there a setting on my samsung galaxy s4 that will help me know when I am receiving a group message and when I am replying to a group.

Default Re: Who just received my text?

Is your Group Messaging option set to ON? If you go to the Messaging app, hit the Menu button, select Settings, scroll to the SMS/MMS tab, it should be down at the bottom in the MMS section (remember, group messaging comes through MMS, NOT SMS).

If you replied to an SMS even if your husband sent it to multiple recipients, the reply should have only gone out to the original sender as SMS is not capable of group messaging (when you send an SMS to multiple recepients it just sends an SMS to each. With group messaging, an MMS message gets sent out, and then the server sends a copy to each recipient, just like an e-mail would).