my phone was stolen and I would like to wipe my phone how can I do that?
- 08-22-2014, 11:15 AM #2
Re: stolen phone
First of all, I'm sorry your phone got stolen, that's never fun.
Second, you can do it directly from Google Play. There, click on the Gear icon and select Device Manager. There you should see the phones registered with your account and you can send a remote wipe command from there and even attempt to locate it first.
However, there's a catch. If you didn't have Android Manager active (there's a switch where you can turn it off in the Settings) in your phone or if it doesn't have network connectivity, the wipe command will have no effect.
A similar tool exists from Samsung's webpage if you own one of their devices. This, too, needs to be active on your phone for the remote functions to work.
- By Lyle DylandY in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 4Last Post: 08-23-2014, 10:18 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 08-22-2014, 11:31 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-22-2014, 10:57 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-22-2014, 10:51 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-22-2014, 08:44 AM