Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Virus - When your just not sure!!!

I'll try to explain as best I can. I received a message from a known contact. It went to one of his groups.
    of which I am a member. I suspect it originated from his dropbox account. Soon after I received two
    messages from numbers I did not recognize. Both had multimedia messages included and I clicked download
    on the first before I took time to think on my actions. The first message said, "Thank you. Operation is in progress."
    (That message could dovetail with the original because it was one of those 'forward to fourteen people in the next ten minutes, etc'
    I did not download the second. I have an HTC Evo Design 4g. My cell has been running slow due to a candy crush addicition,
    but it seemed to slow even more after. (might just be my paranoia). The next day I received a another text message from
    a known contact. This one said, From: Anonymous Subject: (none) Message size 1KB Expires: Aug 25 and again a download
    button which I did not press. When tapping on the message I do not get a message options menu. To delete for example.
    I did move candy crush to my SD card and all seems much faster and back to normal in that regard but the errant messages
    concern me. Thoughts?

Have you read this, and other stuff like it? It may give one or two ideas.

http://mobile.pcadvisor.co.uk/test-c...ivirus-tested/

Posted via Android Central App