Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default sgh-i337 4.4.2 rooted

Forgive my lack of education please.
    I am rooted via towelroot.no rom flashed.I had trouble finding su that worked. Elite was speratic. I got one from playstore that worked. I installed a couple other chainfire apps..long story short, can only start in download or recovery mode. I was excited that I actually rooted and forgot recovery backup. When it boots it says samsung custom and has a pic of a lock unlocked all in black and white. The screen soon goes black and about 40 seconds later the screen flashes a dim strip of color through the middle of the screen for 0.3 seconds and goes black...I know you guys are busy....if you could throw me a bone I would be extremely greatfull..
    Phil

Default Re: sgh-i337 4.4.2 rooted

So your phone isn't booting up at all? If it's booting up, there's no need to worry as the whole unlock thing is a way for you to know that the bootloader of your device has been unlocked. If it bothers you, you can simply remove it by using Triangle Away (which is a root level app that can be purchased from the Play Store). You can read more about the whole thing over here as many users have had the same problem as you

Boot shows "Samsung custom" and an unlocked padlock
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

The phone will only start in recovery or boot mode it wont start normaly

Posted via the Android Central App
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Once it leaves the samsung custom screen it goes black for about 35 seconds then flashes a strip of color then goes black again

Posted via the Android Central App