Galazy S3 Turns Off Randomly.

A

AC Question

I've had my G S3 for almost a year now, with no issues until ~2 months ago when I dropped it and cracked the screen (twice). Since a little while after that, whenever it gets too hot, whenever I turn the data on or do really anything other than listen to music or send a few , it will turn off without notice and won't turn back on until I plug it in.

I've scoured the internet for the last month, trying to solve my issue. I've seen people with this issue before, but none seem exactly the same as mine.

It seemed to get progressively worse; in the beginning, it only happened when I used it a lot so I assumed it was just overheating, but now it's come to the point where it turns off immediately after I turn on data or take a few pictures.

I really would prefer not to factory reset my phone due to me having a large amount of photos, music, and game save data that I wouldn't want to lose.

Anyone have any ideas?

grinningkitten

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S3 Turns Off Randomly.

This is the author, I created an account because I realized I forgot quite a few things.

I've done an antivirus check on my phone several times to no avail, and I've actually gone through my files and deleted anything uneeded/dangerous after looking it up on the internet.

When I try to boot it up, it will sometimes get to the final start up screen before shutting off, or sometimes even get as far as my lock screen.

Originally, if I left it for a bit it before trying to turn it on again, it would work.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the Forums.
Have you tried performing a Cache Partition wipe?
Also, unless I have misunderstood what is happening, it does seem that the battery may be failing. If true that would be sort-of good news because it would be easy to replace.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
praestrudtulle