Nabi 2 Pattern Lock Forgotten Can't Factory Reset

A

AC Question

My child put some pattern lock on his Nabi 2, and can't remember it.
I need to factory reset it, yet, step 3 doesn't like to work for me.
1. Turn off your Nabi (To turn off Press and hold the Power button for 3 seconds) then tap OK
2. Press the Volume + (Up) Button, then Press the Power Button then hold them both until the System Menu appears on the Upper left corner of the screen.
3. Use the ? (Low/down) button to highlight ?Recovery Kernel? then Press the Volume + (Up) button to select it.
4. From your screen press the Volume ? (Low/Down) then the Volume + (Up) button.
5. Press the Volume - (Low/Down) button to highlight the ?Wipe Data/Factory Reset,? then press the Power Button to select it.
6. Then highlight ?Yes-delete all user data,? then press the Power Button to select.
7. When the data wipe is complete, ?Reboot system now? should be highlighted. Press the PowerButton to reboot nabi.
8. The reboot can take five minutes. When it is done, you should see the Welcome screen. Follow the steps to Sign In to your nabi account or Sign Up to create a new account.

When the list DOES appear, I press the volume down button, but the highlight thing doesn't move.
After a trillion tries, I tried clicking on the list with my finger, but it still did the same thing.
Please help me figure out what to do!

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Well, congratulations for not having thrown it across the room in frustration. Presumably you are not only pressing the Vol Down to select the desired option, but have tried Vol Up?
Also have you tried removing the battery for a while?
Also it may be worth trying the whole procedure with the battery fully charged and still charging.
But it is of course possible that the device is just faulty.

(Are you not prompted, after trying several wrong pattern unlocks, to use your Google account details to enter the device?)

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon