Opening pictures from an iphone

A

AC Question

I have a motorola, how do I open pictures sent from an iphone? It asks me to download and then the message diplays that it cant open at this time.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1) If the picture is being sent as an attachment, it has to be sent as a text message, not an iMessage. Apple is working on making iMessage work with the real world, but they haven't done it yet. If your sender hasn't sent your phone number at least one message as text, that's the first step. (The iMessage app "remembers" that your number should be sent texts.)

2) The picture is opened by some app, not by the phone itself. If you're being sent a picture in a format you don't have an app for, you can't open it. (Although you should be able to open most normal picture files, but someone may be sending you pictures in some format you don't have an app for. We'd need the file type [the letters after the dot in the filename] to tell you whether that could be the problem and, if it is, what to do to be able to see the pictures (One thing you can try is to save the picture, then try to view it.).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs