Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Tech Question

This might be something more advanced but hopefully someone here can help me.
    About a week ago I dropped my Galaxy S4, it cracked pretty good and the phone wouldn't turn on. I went to a local phone repair shop who is noted to be the cheapest around and wanted a $200/Hr service charge (at least compared to what Amazon was selling the Digitizer Replacement part for), so I decided to do it myself, specially after how easy everyone on the boards said it was with help from Youtube vids.
    Well, now I have hooked up the LCD from the new part to the motherboard before I started to tear it all apart and it doesn't work correctly, most of it has lines going through it and/or is blurry.

The way I'm looking at this is there are one of three things going on:
    (1) The Youtube vids are BS and you can't test your LCD before putting the whole thing back together.
    (2) The new LCD is faulty.
    (3) Something on the motherboard got messed up during the drop as well as the LCD & what would that piece be?

If anyone knows the answer, it would be very much appreciated if you shared it!

Thank You,
    Paul

Global Posts
    23,172 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimKat

Default Re: Tech Question

I don't see any reason why just doing a test connection like they do in the videos is not possible.
    I am more inclined to believe #2 over #3. See if you can get an exchange, and see what happens.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace

Global Posts
    7,661 Global Posts
    ROM
    Modified Stock 4.4.2

I agree. I've temporarily connected screens to phones with broken screens many times, and they work fine if the temporary screen is good and it's connected properly.

That was my first thought, was just looking for someone to say the same.

Thanks for the replies guys!