Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SpookDroid
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Angry How to find contacts saved to Gmail account through phone after phone has been erased

My phone caught a virus from one of my apps, is and froze up and had to be restarted. Is there away to get my numbers back that were save to my phones Gmail? The only numbers that keep popping up are the OLD numbers that I don't need is there away to get my recent numbers back???????? HELP!!!!

Default Re: How to find contacts saved to Gmail account through phone after phone has been erased

Only the ones that were REALLY backed up to Google. Check on a PC by going into GMail and selecting Contacts. Whatever contacts are there should sync to your phone when you set up your account in it again (and select syncing contacts, of course).

PS: I'm assuming that by 'restarted' you mean factory reset and not reboot.
    Thanked by:
    MsNickiluv likes this.

Default Re: How to find contacts saved to Gmail account through phone after phone has been erased

lol yes it wouldn't come out right, so you tell me that there no possible way to get the contacts back........ I don't know if there were saved to my google account but I know that when ever I logged in a new contact it always went to my gmail but I cant find it ......

Unfortunately, if you do a factory reset all local data is lost, including contacts. The only way to get them back is if they were stored on the SIM card or if they were backed up to Google. If you created a contact that was set to be stored locally, not Google, then it wouldn't get synced.

So, if you can't find the contact on Google Contacts, it wasn't synced there (or it was deleted from your Address Book, doing the same from Google's servers. Now, if that's the case, you CAN revert to a previous backup of your contacts in Google).

Global Posts
    10,617 Global Posts
    ROM
    Modified Stock 4.4.2

As SpookDroid said, look at the contacts at Google Contacts Those are the only ones you can recover.
    Thanked by:

OK well thanks for the help

How do yu get to the google contacts

Either go into your GMail account and from the drop down menu on the left select "Contacts", or just head over to http://Contacts.google.com and you're set.