Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Help

I have a galaxy s3 and when i try to press something on the screen it wont let me. I had rebooted it and everything and its still not letting me tap anything on my screen... Can someone help me please

Default Re: Help

Welcome to Android Central! Did it suddenly happen? Any recent drops or trauma?

Try booting into Safe Mode and see if it works: Restart the Device in Safe Mode - Samsung Galaxy S® III. Safe Mode disables third party apps temporarily. If it works in Safe Mode, some app you installed is causing problems. If it still doesn't work, the digitizer may have failed. You'd have to bring it to a repair shop to fix it.

Global Posts
    4,289 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

Default Re: Help

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    I have a galaxy s3 and when i try to press something on the screen it wont let me. I had rebooted it and everything and its still not letting me tap anything on my screen... Can someone help me please
    Hello there! Welcome to Android Central.
    Do you know if you've accidentally hit your screen hard, or have you dropped the phone recently? The screen/digitizer might be damaged.
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson