Submerged HTC One M8 in Water, can it be saved?

A

AC Question

Hey guys and gals, so I had my M8 in my pocket the other day while kayaking, and I unfortunately slipped into the water. Luckily, the water wasn't deep and I raised my legs up, so the phone itself was soaked only for 4-5 seconds. Shortly after though, its battery died and started to vibrate consistently while showing a battery sign; later, it went to a blank screen with the options of factory restart, recovery, etc (couldn't remember the other options).

I let it die out, put it in uncooked rice since Wednesday (2 days now) and today when I charged it to see if it worked, it turned on as if nothing were different; however, once it got past the Android Start up introduction, it starting vibrating again and shut off shortly after. I've since then disconnected the charger and put it back in rice. Can it still be saved considering the reactions it's having to being charged or is it damaged for good? Much obliged!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It would have been ideal to start drying it out as quickly as possible, rather than waiting for the battery to die first. The damage may have already been done. But you can try drying it for a longer time. Did you have insurance on the phone?