stop my headphone mic from starting voice dial on Nexus 5 - interrupts my music while jogging

A

AC Question

Hi All,

Is there a way on my Nexus 5 to disable voice dial? I'm just jogging, and my headphone's mic will brush against my shirt, and then the music will stop and the phone asks me who to dial. I really don't want to dial anyone! I never use this feature, and I never will!

Can't I just go into settings and disable headphone mics? Is there an app for that?

I was reading [thiswebsite/verizon-htc-thunderbolt/99276-disable-kill-voice-dialer.html], and in the end, someone said "Been having the same issue, finally found the solution (it's working so far for me anyway) go to settings>apps> all tab from there find voice dialer and when you click on that there is an option to disable it..." But, I didn't actually find anything called "voice dialer". I found "Google Dialer", but disabling that doesn't help, so I don't think that's it.

I also disabled Google Now, because I don't think I'll ever use that. However, that didn't help either.

Please help me. Even when I take the train home, voice dial activates like 3 times every trip. It's so frustrating. :(

Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781