Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Galaxy s5 loses bluetooth connection wtih 2015 lexus rx 350

I bought a 2015 Lexus rx 350 June 2014 and have had the same problem with 2 different samsung phones since then. I had the Galaxy s3 until the other day and upgraded to the Galaxy s5 this week after being told that may solve the issue. My carrier is Verizon. The Problem: the phone connects to the car bluetooth without a problem but it intermittently goes back and forth between the car and the phone throughout phone calls (and when I'm not on the phone). The car display will say "phone disconnected" for a few seconds then switch back to the car. I've been to the dealership 2x, called Verizon, and had the Samsung rep from Best Buy drive around with me (of course it did not do it during that time!). Does anyone know this fix?? If I need to get a different phone, I am happy to do so but need to do it soon so I don't have a penalty.

thx

Default Re: Galaxy s5 loses bluetooth connection wtih 2015 lexus rx 350

I have the exact same problem with my 2010 Lexus RX 350. It has happened with my Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4, and Nexus 5. I think the problem is with the car and not the phone. The phones work fine with my wife's Honda Odyssey.

I've heard of many other people having problems with the Lexus Bluetooth audio system, including iPhone users.

Default Re: Galaxy s5 loses bluetooth connection wtih 2015 lexus rx 350

I know this is an older post, but in case someone else runs into this and needs an answer,.. Most likely your car started doing this because your phone has received a software update, whether you're aware or not. Sometimes my Galaxy Note will update without my okay, just downloads the update on its own. So the problem really is that the car does not automatically keep up with your phone updates and/or updates will not allow the car to remain compatible without created issues.

Anyway, what works for me is to delete your phone out of the car and delete your car out of your phone. Then, reintroduce them by adding your car back into your phone and adding your phone back into your car. I'm not going into detail on how to do this, since I would figure you have set up your phone initially. But you delete through the Bluetooth Set Up, same place where you added the phone.

Note that, unfortunately, sometimes what happens is that you will now be able to call and receive calls without the intermittent interruptions, but your text and email reads will work sometimes or not at all anymore. It's just random, I guess, because my husband and I have the same exact phones and his went back to normal operation and mine just works on phone calls (no more text or email reading).

Hope this helps!