Android OS battery use.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
No. Mine varies. Just checked and it's 18%. I'd be concerned if it were always 18%. Would you care to give more details?

Posted via Android Central App

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
E.g., presumably when you check battery usage stats each day, you'll get different percentages for the various apps displayed....except for Android OS which is always 9%? Do you use your device in very much the same way each day, or does it vary? Is the phone giving any other sort of trouble or is it just this 9% thing that you're wondering about? Has it always been like it, or is it something that developed recently?

(Just checked mine again, 17%.)

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Okay. Just checked mine again, 15%. Have you tried a Cache Partition wipe since the update? It might just fix a glitch like that.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Final check, I'm still at 15%. I don't think you've got anything to worry about, but any problems or doubts, let us know.

Brad Steele

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
If you figure out how to do that cache partition wipe on an LG optimus g pro e980 let me know. Multiple forums, YouTube and many other avenues have not been able to figure out how to do that CPW. I don't think this model phone has that option.

Lg0Gpro_2_AC

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm sorry, if the normal method doesn't do it I don't know what to suggest. I've just come across your recent thread about it and I see your problem. Hopefully LGElectronics will get back to you.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
....Have you tried posting in the LG Optimus G Pro forum? Some genius there may be able to suggest something. Or the ditto Rooting Roms & Hacks.

Edit. Sorry, I see you probably already have.

Brad Steele

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
Lg electronics suggested a factory reset via reply on another thread specifically asking about cache partition wipe. Thank you all for your help. Seems rooting might be in my near future.

Lg0Gpro_2_AC

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
From what I have gathered, the recovery is nothing like stock Android. The factory reset should clear the system cache, but apparently, there is no recovery on at least the G2 and G3.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci