Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Exclamation Black screen every two seconds?

So this morning I turned on my phone and opened the Skype app and opened a message, then the screen stayed black and then went straight onto my lock screen. I tired entering my password but it wouldn't respond. Then it turned black again.The screen kept turning black every 7 seconds. I took the battery out and turned my phone on. But the weird Samsung turn on screen repeated 3 times until I was at my lock screen again. This time I could unlock my phone, but only for about 4 seconds, then the black screen would return. I couldn't power it off, and taking all the Sims out didn't work. Now I've left my phone alone and every 7 seconds the black screen comes on and goes back to the lock screen, then black screen and keeps repeating.
    How do I fix this?

Global Posts
    10,250 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Black screen every two seconds?

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    So this morning I turned on my phone and opened the Skype app and opened a message, then the screen stayed black and then went straight onto my lock screen. I tired entering my password but it wouldn't respond. Then it turned black again.The screen kept turning black every 7 seconds. I took the battery out and turned my phone on. But the weird Samsung turn on screen repeated 3 times until I was at my lock screen again. This time I could unlock my phone, but only for about 4 seconds, then the black screen would return. I couldn't power it off, and taking all the Sims out didn't work. Now I've left my phone alone and every 7 seconds the black screen comes on and goes back to the lock screen, then black screen and keeps repeating.
    How do I fix this?
    Is this only when using Skype? If so, delete it then redownload it. See if that resolves the issues - please let us know if you have further questions.

I don't have enough time to uninstall anything, the screen will go black before I can.

Quote Originally Posted by purplecloud103 View Post
    I don't have enough time to uninstall anything, the screen will go black before I can.
    maybe you can reset factory your phone.. try this..

Taptalk 2 GT-S5360