Heavy phone user. Is it better for the battery to keep it plugged in than lots of recharge cycles?

A

AC Question

I don't have a TV (broke student), so I often watch TV shows and movies and such on my phone (LG G2). I've read here that it's bad for the battery to keep the phone plugged in when it's fully charged. But I imagine it would also be bad if I'm recharging the battery too often. Thank you very much for your thoughts!

codyoehl

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
It's not necessarily bad to charge your phone a lot, I believe it would just decrease the lifetime of the battery

Posted via Android Central App with my Samsung Galaxy S5

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
If your using it that much, apparently it's better for your battery to charge at around 50%, as it is cooler and easier to charge, and counts as a half cycle so you are not reducing the amount of times you can charge it.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

Slashyou

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I don't have a TV (broke student), so I often watch TV shows and movies and such on my phone (LG G2). I've read here that it's bad for the battery to keep the phone plugged in when it's fully charged. But I imagine it would also be bad if I'm recharging the battery too often. Thank you very much for your thoughts!

LOL dont have a computer????
But yea keep it plugged in as then is isn,t charging. and that means less wear on the battery ;)