Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Heavy phone user. Is it better for the battery to keep it plugged in than lots of recharge cycles?

I don't have a TV (broke student), so I often watch TV shows and movies and such on my phone (LG G2). I've read here that it's bad for the battery to keep the phone plugged in when it's fully charged. But I imagine it would also be bad if I'm recharging the battery too often. Thank you very much for your thoughts!

Default Re: Heavy phone user. Is it better for the battery to keep it plugged in than lots of recharge cycle

It's not necessarily bad to charge your phone a lot, I believe it would just decrease the lifetime of the battery

Posted via Android Central App with my Samsung Galaxy S5

Default Re: Heavy phone user. Is it better for the battery to keep it plugged in than lots of recharge cycle

If your using it that much, apparently it's better for your battery to charge at around 50%, as it is cooler and easier to charge, and counts as a half cycle so you are not reducing the amount of times you can charge it.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

Global Posts
    20,209 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Modified Stock 4.4.2

If you leave the charger plugged in, it'll stop charging the battery when the battery is fully charged.

For longest battery life, charge at the 40% to 60% discharge point. Look at Table 2 at Battery University - How to Prolong Lithium-based Batteries and figure it out.
    anon8380037 likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    8,871 Global Posts
    Carrier
    CM 10.2

I love Samsung phones (I know LG has follwed suite with some of their models) in that I can completely take the battery for granted and just replace it.

The Note III

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    I don't have a TV (broke student), so I often watch TV shows and movies and such on my phone (LG G2). I've read here that it's bad for the battery to keep the phone plugged in when it's fully charged. But I imagine it would also be bad if I'm recharging the battery too often. Thank you very much for your thoughts!
    LOL dont have a computer????
    But yea keep it plugged in as then is isn,t charging. and that means less wear on the battery