Micro SD mem card corrupts S5 start up??

H

HannahR

S5 start using the bottom front key or even the button at the side...does not switch the phone out of sleep mode.... unless battery is taken out and phone restarted... this hapoens everytime I use a micro memory card. Got the phone with a 16GB mem card... that corrupted the phone. Taken out... the phone works 100% again. Bought a néw 16 GB mem card... SanDisk... the same hapoens even though the card was formatted prior to inserting it into the S5...
Help... with only 8GB on board mem on the S5... how do I go about for better memory?
(S4 had 32GB on board... this is bad for the S5)

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1) You won't get more space for apps by using the card - it's strictly for storing music, videos, etc. (Some apps can have parts of them located on the card, but that requires a link in internal storage, so you don't save much space.)

2) If a new SanDisk card doesn't work, I'd suspect the phone. Bring it back to where you bought it. (BTW, the card should be formatted in the phone - even if you format it to FAT32 in a computer, the phone adds a couple of folders when it formats the card, which the computer doesn't. Which shouldn't prevent the phone from working, though.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non