Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Sprint Samsung Galaxy SII Android Phone

I just cancelled my contract with Sprint on my Samsung Galaxy SII Android phone. Can this phone be used with any other carrier. I can't find a SIM card ... does it even have one?

Global Posts
    8,081 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Sprint Samsung Galaxy SII Android Phone

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    I just cancelled my contract with Sprint on my Samsung Galaxy SII Android phone. Can this phone be used with any other carrier. I can't find a SIM card ... does it even have one?
    No. Unfortunately that devices does not use a SIM card and is not compatible with GSM frequencies. It should work with other carriers that operate the same CDMA band, such as Virgin Mobile, Boost, etc. Even then, it may not be as simple as calling and activating the device on those networks.

Global Posts
    1,816 Global Posts
    ROM
    X-Note7.0.1

Default Re: Sprint Samsung Galaxy SII Android Phone

The phone can be modified to work on Verizon or a Verizon network operator, but you'd have to pay someone to do that. Your best bet, if the phone is in decent or better condition, is to sell it on Swappa

Then figure out which carrier is best for you. Have friends on different carriers try making or receiving calls where you need coverage to see if there are any dead spots you can't put up with. (A dead spot can be as small as a small area of a desk or s large as a small town.) Once you know the carrier you want to go with (that's always the deciding factor - the best phone in the world, on a carrier that doesn't have coverage where you need it, is electronic waste), either look on Swappa if you want to save money, or see what the carrier has. (If you can get by with 3GB of data/month at full speed, slow speed but unlimited data after that, and iffy at best tech support, Straight Talk is only $45/month - but you have to buy a phone. The carriers subsidize the phone if you go on contract, but you'll end up paying for the phone because of the increased monthly price.)