Nexus 5 replacement policy

A

AC Question

My phone went and stuck in rebooting loop within 3 moths after I bought nexus 5. I was pleased to hear that Google guys were ready to replace my phone however I was annoyed to learn that they are replacing my new phone with refurbished phone. Is that google's replacement policy to replace new phone with refurbished phone?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
My phone went and stuck in rebooting loop within 3 moths after I bought nexus 5. I was pleased to hear that Google guys were ready to replace my phone however I was annoyed to learn that they are replacing my new phone with refurbished phone. Is that google's replacement policy to replace new phone with refurbished phone?
That's policy for most manufacturers or retailers. Vary rarely can you walk into a store and have a brand new device opened up and given to you as a replacement.

The device won't have anything wrong with it, at least it shouldn't.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Remember, the phone they're replacing (yours) isn't a new phone, it's 3 months old. The one you're getting could be newer than that. Someone could have bought it, tried it for a day or two and returned it. It would still go back to the repair depot and be fully checked out, and any problems corrected, before being sent back as a refurb.

"Refurbished" doesn't mean "broken and fixed". Most phones that come back in bad shape, with most manufacturers, are disposed of.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12