Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Nexus 5 replacement policy

My phone went and stuck in rebooting loop within 3 moths after I bought nexus 5. I was pleased to hear that Google guys were ready to replace my phone however I was annoyed to learn that they are replacing my new phone with refurbished phone. Is that google's replacement policy to replace new phone with refurbished phone?

Global Posts
    8,902 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Nexus 5 replacement policy

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    My phone went and stuck in rebooting loop within 3 moths after I bought nexus 5. I was pleased to hear that Google guys were ready to replace my phone however I was annoyed to learn that they are replacing my new phone with refurbished phone. Is that google's replacement policy to replace new phone with refurbished phone?
    That's policy for most manufacturers or retailers. Vary rarely can you walk into a store and have a brand new device opened up and given to you as a replacement.

The device won't have anything wrong with it, at least it shouldn't.

Global Posts
    5,690 Global Posts
    ROM
    X-Note7.0.1

Default Re: Nexus 5 replacement policy

Remember, the phone they're replacing (yours) isn't a new phone, it's 3 months old. The one you're getting could be newer than that. Someone could have bought it, tried it for a day or two and returned it. It would still go back to the repair depot and be fully checked out, and any problems corrected, before being sent back as a refurb.

"Refurbished" doesn't mean "broken and fixed". Most phones that come back in bad shape, with most manufacturers, are disposed of.