Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Angry Samsung Note 10.1 battery takes too long to charge

Okay so I have owned this Samsung Note 10.1 for the last year or so and I've been very satisfied.
    But for the last 6-7 days it has behaved so weird. It got its update to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat about 2 months ago and has worked fine till now.
    Since the last 6-7 days, its battery charging has been frustratingly slow, and by slow I mean it goes from 4% to 70% in a full day of continuous charging and still a long way to go for 100%. I don't understand what's wrong.
    Ever since I have owned it, it used to charge from near 0% to 100% in 55mins to 1 hour 10mins max.
    Suddenly it isn't charging the same anymore.
    If I charge it to 100% and then remove it from 100% charge, it gives me good backup. Same as its always been. Slightly better after the upgrade to Kitkat, so no complaints there.
    But then why isn't it charging at the same speed anymore? Has something changed? Please help.
    I have tried a hard reboot and tried charging on different power points at home. No joy!
    I am using the original Samsung charger unit I got with it.
    Also, I have checked that there are no background apps running at all and my usual screen brightness setting is 20% or below, which has always been the case coz I prefer to keep my devices on the lower side of the brightness levels to protect my eyes !
    So, what else could be playing the trick??

Please help.

Default Re: Samsung Note 10.1 battery takes too long to charge

Welcome to Android Central! It could be a problem with your charger or charging port. Charging cables can fail over time, so try a new one. If a different charger doesn't help, then you may need to bring the tablet in to a repair shop to examine the port.