Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

1 Posts

Default unroot and relock boot loader HTC one M7 phone

Hi, I have a HTC One M7 that i received from a relative from Asia. I unlocked the bootloader using htcdev website and rooted the phone. I also installed TWRP custom recovery on it and that's it. I really never installed any other ROMs. After a few months of using it, it would reboot constantly and i had to do wipe out everything and do a factory reset then it'll be fine. But after a few months, it'll do it again. I'm tired of this and would like to unroot and re-lock my boot loader so i can also update using OTA from HTC. I read somewhere that all i need to do is relock the boot loader and run the appropriate RUU executable for my phone. The problem i have is i don't know which RUU to use. I went to site (forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2428276) and saw a bunch of M7 RUUs but which one should i use. None of what i listed totally match what i see there. All i know is this phone is from Asia. Please advice...

eMMC-boot 2048M
    Jan 22, 2014

In the About phone, here's my current info: Android 4.4.2, HTC Sense 5.5.