Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default droid 2 micro sd problems

I have a 16 gb micro sdhc from sandisk that I'm trying to use to store music on my droid 2. I download the music through my pc but everytime I put my card in my phone it erases some of the songs even though there's plenty of the room on the card. I've looked online and my phone should be able to work with 32gb cards although I tried to use that amount and as soon as added music it had trouble using the cards at that level. so I reduced it to 16gb. also previously I had been using an 8gb micro sdhc for music on my phone w/ no problem. any ideas?

Default Re: droid 2 micro sd problems

Welcome to Android Central! I know that the file transfer would take longer, but have you tried copying the music files from your computer to the SD card while it's still in the phone, by connecting via USB?

Also, how old is the card? An old card is more prone to malfunction. If it's new, did you buy it from a well-known retailer, or some random seller from eBay? If the latter, there's a higher chance of a defective or counterfeit card. Try inserting it into your computer and running chkdsk, to see if there are any bad sectors: [GUIDE] Using chkdsk to fix a corrupted SD card