Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default data moving

Hey Android peeps,
    am currently doing a handset exchange of my M8. have a bad speaker,turns out ,these are VERY hard to repair .my phone guy say's he won't even attempt it on this phone, too much trouble, anyway, my problem is moving my data from one phone to the other the having to wipe the old one. I have the HTC sense app on my computer, I am hoping that is the right way to go,lately my contacts and pics have been doubling and tripling! I thought that was only a Blackberry issue. I am asking how to do the transfer,because I still suck @ Android and am trying to head off a nightmare in the making ! thanks
    "Excellence doesn't require perfection".

Global Posts
    22,246 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: data moving

I would just connect to your PC, pull all your files, and copy them. As for your contacts, are they saved to Google or on your phone?

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

i think they are on my sim card.i just looked it seems they are not on my sim but on the phone. should i leave them there or export to the sim?

Global Posts
    22,246 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by tcseacliff View Post
    i think they are on my sim card.i just looked it seems they are not on my sim but on the phone. should i leave them there or export to the sim?
    I would export to the sim, but also consider backing up to Google. This way if the sim goes bad, you won't lose every contact.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

will do that. am very confused over Google being in the mix .where is Google in the phone or cloud or where?

Global Posts
    22,246 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by tcseacliff View Post
    will do that. am very confused over Google being in the mix .where is Google in the phone or cloud or where?
    Google keeps a copy in the cloud. So in a server somewhere will be a copy of your contacts. This is better than storing them on the device or the sim, because if anything happens to either, your contacts are always retrievable.

Phone Timeline