Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Exclamation HELP!! LG G2 Booted into recovery and I cant get it out!

I have an unlocked, rooted LG G2 and all the sudden it started power cycling...So we booted it into recovery and then found for some reason there was no back up files on the phone to re install the operating system!! There is no operating system on the phone, it will still boot into recovery but that is it. Tried connecting the phone to a computer to see about side loading a rom but the computer wont recognize the device! If anybody has advice pls let me know...REALLY need this phone to work and it kinda came out of nowhere...no previous problems either. Thanks in advance guys!

Default Re: HELP!! LG G2 Booted into recovery and I cant get it out!

Welcome to Android Central! Did you root the phone yourself and install a custom recovery and ROM, or did you buy it used from someone who did so?

IN CASE YOU'RE WONDERING, I'll be on vacation from 7/27 to 8/13, with only intermittent web access. So if you don't see me around much, don't worry, I didn't defect to another site or anything like that.

Thanks! I bought it from somebody who already had it rooted and unlocked, so unfortunately I have no idea what they did...and no way to get a hold of them. Have a bad feeling I may be SOL.

Let me see if anyone else has an idea of what to do.

IN CASE YOU'RE WONDERING, I'll be on vacation from 7/27 to 8/13, with only intermittent web access. So if you don't see me around much, don't worry, I didn't defect to another site or anything like that.

You could try to flash the stock ROM. Found this thread at XDA--hopefully it helps: LG G2 Stock Firmware (Go Back to Stock) | LG G2 | XDA Forum

Thanks! I'll try it tomorrow and let ya know if it's works. Appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cbarri View Post
    Thanks! I'll try it tomorrow and let ya know if it's works. Appreciate it.
    It should G2 is an awesome device

The computer doesnt recognize the phone its like the whole system is wiped....Does anybody know how to flash an ADB on a phone that isnt being recognized by the computer? The only screen that comes on the phone is the recovery screen. So we can boot it into recovery but like i said the comp wont recognize it at all to actually flash anything over. UGH this is frustrating. I love that phone.