Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Android doesn't recocgnize PC (YES)

Hello, first of all, I want to say that is not the pc that doesn't recognize the phone (Google have much troubles undestanding this). I don't know why and when but my phone no longer connects to PC. There is no icons on notification bar, also, I can't connect my mouse to the phone like i did it before. What this can be? I installed new Android on it but nothing happens. So, when the phone is off, it connects to PC (the preloader). When i start it, when booting, i see mobogenie popup to connect my phone, but when booting is done, nothing happens, the phone only charge. Thanks

Default Re: Android doesn't recocgnize PC (YES)

What phone do you have? Do you have a Windows PC? Did this start after the recent August Windows Updates? Those updates contained some erroneous patches that cause problems with some Android device when connecting to the PC. See this post where I describe how I solved my problem: Nexus 5 connecting via USB as wrong device
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

The problem is that the phone dont show any icon when i connect to PC. I have tryied in win7 and also in ubuntu. And as i sayd, the mouse, USB pendrive and other gadget dont connect tho phone. I guess the problem is with the phone, or not? Thanks.

Posted via the Android Central App

Global Posts
    9,161 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM12 5.0.2

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim Stratan View Post
    The problem is that the phone dont show any icon when i connect to PC. I have tryied in win7 and also in ubuntu. And as i sayd, the mouse, USB pendrive and other gadget dont connect tho phone. I guess the problem is with the phone, or not? Thanks.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Have you tried updating the drivers for your device? You can go to Samsung's site to get the most recent ones.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Asking again: what phone do you have? Did you check your Windows Device Manager as mentioned in the post I linked?

You say your mouse used to connect to your phone, and now doesn't--do you mean via USB? Most USB devices (including flash drives) can't connect to a phone unless you have a USB OTG (On The Go) cable--are you using one of those? Or are you talking about a Bluetooth connection with your mouse?
    UJ95x likes this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I have an Wiko highway with mediatek processor, i used mouse and a pen with USB cable. Now it doesnt work, it seems like USB dosent work at all. Can i fix that or i need to send to the manufacter? Now i use usb only to charge my phone. Thanks

If the cable was cheaply made or defective, it might have failed already. Try using another USB cable.