Samsung Galaxy S5 - Lockscreen popping colours effect lag

ThatAndroidGuy2014

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
Everytime I switch my screen lock to swipe and change the unlock effect to popping colours everytime I unlock my phone the popping colours effects work but when it unlocks it lags for a split second and then it unlocks it doesn't make a smooth motion I know weeks ago it was working perfectly fine I've tried changing the unlock effect, changing it to fingerprint, restarting my phone, taking out the battery I didn't want to do a factory reset because I have high scores on my games btw all the other unlock effect works smoothly but not the popping colours. I know it's just a small problem but it just annoys me and because it's the gs5's main unlock effect. Help pls.

Posted via the Android Central App

XuanNguyen

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Surprisingly I am having the same problem. The popping colors effect stutters for a split second then unlock the phone. It is very annoying. I tried clearing cache and wipe cache partition in philz touch but no luck. Anyone got a fix?

koobot

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
HI all, I'm new to the forum. I have also this issue with my note 4. I have cleared the cache and wiped the partition cache with no success. I did a factory reset and that solved the issue for about a week before it started up again.

My mobile provider is sprint. I should note that I saw a sprint update before I noticed this issue. Like the user above, it only occurs when you are using the popping colors effect (which is my favorite effect).