Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Galaxy S5 - Lockscreen popping colours effect lag

Everytime I switch my screen lock to swipe and change the unlock effect to popping colours everytime I unlock my phone the popping colours effects work but when it unlocks it lags for a split second and then it unlocks it doesn't make a smooth motion I know weeks ago it was working perfectly fine I've tried changing the unlock effect, changing it to fingerprint, restarting my phone, taking out the battery I didn't want to do a factory reset because I have high scores on my games btw all the other unlock effect works smoothly but not the popping colours. I know it's just a small problem but it just annoys me and because it's the gs5's main unlock effect. Help pls.

Posted via the Android Central App

Welcome to the forums.

Try going to Settings, Storage, and wiping the Cached Data.

A Cache Partition wipe may also help:

http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-10404

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 - Lockscreen popping colours effect lag

Surprisingly I am having the same problem. The popping colors effect stutters for a split second then unlock the phone. It is very annoying. I tried clearing cache and wipe cache partition in philz touch but no luck. Anyone got a fix?

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 - Lockscreen popping colours effect lag

HI all, I'm new to the forum. I have also this issue with my note 4. I have cleared the cache and wiped the partition cache with no success. I did a factory reset and that solved the issue for about a week before it started up again.

My mobile provider is sprint. I should note that I saw a sprint update before I noticed this issue. Like the user above, it only occurs when you are using the popping colors effect (which is my favorite effect).