Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can't use bluetooth voice dialing completely hands free - Rooted 4.2.2

I've just bought a Fairphone which uses a rooted version of Android 4.2.2
    I have several bluetooth devices (Nokia CK-7W car kit, Parrot CK3100 car kit with the most up to date software, and a generic bluetooth headset).
    When I pair any of these these with any other phone (Nokia 6230i, Sony Ericson T610, or Blackberry Curve), I can activate the voice recognition function of the phone with the press of a single button on the bluetooth device, and issue a voice command which the phone recognises.
    However, even once I have successfully paired any of them with the Fairphone, the Fairphone will not take any action when I press the button on the car kit.
    This is a major problem.
    I used to leave bluetooth enabled on my other phone so that it would automatically pair with the car kit (either make) as soon as I switched the ignition on. I could make, accept or end phone calls with a single button press on the car kit and then a voice command, even if the phone was in a bag or in my pocket.
    I need to have the same functionality on the Fairphone or else it will be back to my Blackberry!
    I have looked at a number of apps but all of them require a button press on the phone itself, which defeats the purpose of voice dialing and is also distracting and unsafe whilst driving.
    Can anyone help?

Default Re: Can't use bluetooth voice dialing completely hands free - Rooted 4.2.2

I am helping someone with the exact parrot model. She is using a Galaxy S3, Parrot CK3100 (not current update), and recently updated 4.4.2. Everything was working, using Google Now to say commands, until the update to 4.4.2. S-Voice does not recognize any command.

Posted via the Android Central App