i think I may have downloaded a virus!
Hi...a couple of days ago I received about 6 text messages from family members (in my contact list) with a download button...my motherinlaw was coming home from the hospital that day so I assumed it was a pic of her returning home....so I hit the download button...it appeared to be downloading but nothing happened...I think I may have hit the button again...then I noticed getting 2 of the very same texts from another family member...just a download button with nothing else...I then became suspicious and deleted the texts...but now I'm worried that I have some sort of virus on my phone. I asked the rep at a verizon store and he suggested I wipe my phone clean and start over. I have close to 4000 pics and video and contacts etc...he couldn't back them up...said they could be backed up to my gmail/google account if I could remember my passcode..(which I couldn't then, but know now) I hate the thought of starting over but if I should to prevent a virus I will. Any advice will be VERY appreciated!! Thanks in advance!...AJ
- 08-24-2014, 12:57 PM #2
Re: i think I may have downloaded a virus!
Have you gone into Settings, Apps, All, scrolled to Messaging and cleared the data and cache? That won't deal with a virus (afaik), but it may cure the problem assuming it wasn't a virus.
Posted via Android Central App
- 08-24-2014, 02:18 PM #3
- By DeenTexas in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 5Last Post: 12-25-2014, 05:16 PM
- By STARGATE in forum EntertainmentReplies: 6Last Post: 10-18-2014, 03:07 AM
- By takuma089 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 2Last Post: 08-24-2014, 11:23 AM
- By ddrew in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-23-2014, 09:46 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-23-2014, 09:36 AM